On Saturday I went to my first blogging conference, Nuffnang Blogopolis. I had a great time and lots of laughs at my table - I got to meet some bloggers I really like and I learnt a few things about idea sourcing, blog design, SEO and analytics, and the blog scene in Australia.
Here are my top tips from the conference:
1) Get there early and don't expect a conference sponsored by Twinings tea to have any good coffee! In all seriousness though, the catering was divine!
|Katrina, Julienne and A-M all intent|
|Katrina ready for action|
6) Branding a great session from Nicole Avery (Planning with Kids).
- Who are you and what do you offer your readers
- be consistent across all avenues
- Understand what makes a reader read your blog?
- Same name across all social media
- align yourself with brands and events that fit your image
|Instagram shot of my new card|
|Me and Katrina|
|Me and A-M|
|the girls from Something Gorgeous.|
Such a funny story about meeting these two from Something Gorgeous. I asked A-M where they were and she waved at 2 women at a table nearby so I went up and said Hey Something gorgeous, I love your blogs. They looked at me a bit strangely but obviously compliemented. We started chatting and then they gave me their business cards - one was for an blog about recovering alcoholics and the other was for autistic children - ahmmm -not homewares, furniture and renovation in all. I completely had the wrong table. Whoops! sorry but I do not read your alcoholic/autism blogs....I think they just thought I did think they were gorgeous and that I'm extremely friendly. Anyway A-M finally pointed me in the proper direction and I loved meeting the correct gorgeous girls.
and the final thing I learnt - from Sarah (a beach cottage) - was to always show the left side of your face in photos - apparently it's way more flattering - so of course in this photo with Sarah and Mojito Mother Caz, I'm showing my right side -ha ha. Oh well.
|Me, Sarah, Caz|
So that was a hoot!
I'm down in Eden now looking after my mum for a few days as she's quite sick. I'll be posting some lovely photos from this divine part of the world tomorrow.