Sometimes things that are meant to be quick makeovers take longer than expected. I bought this piano stool with the thought of perhaps keeping it but in the end decided I'll wait till after we renovate before adding to our furniture collection so I offered it up for sale. Dee bought it and asked for it to be painted in Dulux Lexcion Quarter and to use a drop sheet to upholster it.
I stripped off the old fabric and gave the stool a very light sand then gave the stool two coats of primer. I then gave the stool two coats of paint. I used a semi gloss enamel so there's no need to top coat it. To replace the fabric I just used my Bosch Tacker and then glued some gimp braid over the staples and edges. Pretty straight forward it all seems. I did have a lot of trouble though as the seat worked perfectly fine when it wasn't painted but once it was painted when you opened and closed it to store your music the seat scraped the paint off the arms. I had to remove the seat top and sand it down about 1.5mm each side and then replace it. I also need to repaint the parts where the paint had scraped off on the arms and repaint the sanded edges. Next time I'll remember to check before I start painting.
Anyway I think it's turned out quite sweet. The bunny is my son's from Bed Bath n Table (on sale a few years ago for $15 I think) and the cushion is one of a set of three that my mum made.
I have a lot of work lined up in the next few weeks once the kids start back at school so I'll be sharing lots of projects soon.
I'm taking the kids to Sky Zone for bouncing fun this afternoon as a reward for all their efforts this week clearing rubble from the house demolition. They are great labourers!
have a great day